Difference between Guidance and Counselling
- Guidance is about giving advice and instructions to an individual on various problems like education, occupation, social life, training, etc by an experienced person.
- Counselling is about giving professional advice to an individual based on personal and psychological related problems.
- In guidance a person who is experienced and expert helps out an individual in decision making process for better results in future.
- In counselling an individual talks about his/her problems to counsellor or therapist in a freeway, and counsellor or therapist helps an individual to overcome the problems by understanding the individual’s personal and social aspects.
- Guidance helps an individual to choose the best alternative option for the problem.
- Counselling on the other hand helps individuals to change their perspective and try to solve the problem by themself.
- Guidance involves the external approach.
- Counselling revolves around the internal analysis of the problem.
- Guidance is given to a group of people as well as an individual.
- Counselling can only be given to a single person.
- In guidance decisions are taken by the experienced person known as counsellor.
- In counselling, the counsellor encourages and motivates the individual to decide on his own.
- Deals with educational and career related problems.
- It deals with psychological and personal problems.
- Guidance is less private and open.
- Counselling is a private and confidential process between counsellor and client.
- Guidance is a broader term than Counselling, Counselling is a part of the guidance.
- counselling comes under the term Guidance and it is an important part of guidance.
Please login or Register to submit your answer