The translation method is based on the following principles and possesses the following characteristics:
- The mother tongue dominates this method.
- The words and phrases of a foreign language can be best Interpreted in the mother tongue of the students.
- The unit of teaching English is a word, not a sentence.
- The words and phrases of a foreign language can best be learnt when interpreted in the mother tongue of the students.
- Structures of a foreign language can be best learnt when compared and contrasted to those of the mother tongue.
- Teaching of a foreign language through translation is easy, quick and economical.
- The knowledge of rules helps the learners to avoid any type of mistakes.
Please login or Register to submit your answer