The merits of the Grammar Translation Method are as under:
- It saves time and is very economical.
- It is very successful and applicable in present-day classrooms It saves time and is economical, where a large number of students can be taught by a single teacher.
- It helps in having a better and clear understanding of words, phrases and sentences.
- It is very reliable for giving the students practice of reading while understanding also.
- It gives correct knowledge of English as it explains It enhances students' vocabulary.
- The teacher as well as the learner aid the teaching-learning process and is thus quite a convenient method for a teacher as he/she needs no material aid.
- It brings about clear distinctions between structures of sentences in English and vernaculars and this develops the act of translation in students.
- It helps in testing the comprehension of the students quite easily in less time available.
- This method can be used in all situations.
Please login or Register to submit your answer