The creation of efficient distribution systems for the underprivileged segments of the population through adult education also serves as a platform for these segments to get knowledge and understanding of the planning process. Therefore, it is crucial to build a strong connection between adult education and development programmes. This will be accomplished in a variety of ways, including the following:
- For the IRDP and NREP recipients, specialized literacy primers and other reading materials will be created to help them understand their rights and obligations.
- Because the ICDS's functional literacy of adult women was eliminated, its effectiveness diminished. Functional Literacy of Women (FLOW), which will be a component of ICDS, will be the new name for this programme.
- Literacy and adult education would, if feasible, be a part of the various programmes for the development of SC/ST and other educationally underdeveloped areas.
- The numerous programmes for the development of women will all have an essential component of education and adult education.
- All Nehru Yuva Kendras will embark on an initiative to establish 100 functional literacy centers in one block each in their district, starting with 50 NYKs in 1986–1987.
Please login or Register to submit your answer