As far as the objectives at the secondary level are concerned, the four-fold objectives are the same as those at the junior level. In addition to these, the objectives of teaching English also include "literary development" i.e. development of creativity (creative thinking and writing). The objectives included in the development of literary taste are:
- Development of love for English Literature by reading prose, aesthetic pleasure, poetry, short stories novels etc.
- Enjoying reading English Literature and trying to draw
- Understanding criticism and critical views.
- Development of translating ability.
- Development of translating imagination and creative writing.
Please login or Register to submit your answer