Back to: Measurement and Evaluation in Education B.ed Notes, M.A Notes, IGNOU Notes and Graduation Notes
Disadvantages of Essay Type Test
- These test items don’t put stress on the ability to the organisation subject matter learnt by pupils.
- Pupils don’t get scope for making comparisons.
- Pupils aren’t asked to summarise the material or to make applications of principles and of course which are valuable abilities in this type of test item.
- This type of test item isn’t used to diagnose the learning difficulties of the pupils.
- It is commonly said that the objective-type test items fail to check to cram.
- Once an objective exam has been standardised, teachers will advise students on the test. The test will thereafter be worthless and useless to the students.
- This test item, like the essay kind of test, fails to test the character-developing features.
- It is frequently argued that preparing and administering objective-type test items is an expensive and time-consuming process.