Back to: Measurement and Evaluation in Education B.ed Notes, M.A Notes, IGNOU Notes and Graduation Notes
What are The Advantages of Essay Test
- A six-question extended answer essay exam is far easier to prepare and deliver than an equivalent 60-item multiple choice test.
- It is the only method for evaluating an examinee’s ability to arrange and communicate his thoughts logically and clearly, as well as ineffective language.
- It can be used successfully in almost all educational disciplines.
- This sort of exam can evaluate some of the objectives, such as the capacity to arrange ideas effectively, the ability to criticise or support a statement, the ability to interpret, and so on.
- This form of the test may best improve logical thinking and critical reasoning, systematic presentation, and so on.
- It encourages healthy study habits such as drafting outlines and summaries, arranging arguments for and against, and so on.
- Because they have the flexibility to respond, the student may demonstrate initiative, originality of thought, and the fertility of their imagination.
- Students’ responses do not have to be correct or incorrect. There are several levels of comprehensiveness and accuracy available.
- It virtually eliminates the guesswork.